Have your voice heard: visit the Alberta Medical Association's new Patient Engagement Forum
The Alberta Medical Association (AMA) has launched a new patient-engagement forum at www.albertapatients.ca.
AlbertaPatients is an online community for Albertans to share their input with Alberta's doctors through the Alberta Medical Asssociation. You can share your experiences, wants, needs and priorities by participating in surveys, quick polls, and discussion forums. In return, there are opportunities to win prizes, and members receive a monthly e-newsletter featuring discussion of Alberta's health care system, answers to member-submitted questions, and survey results.
Your voice matters, and together we can help to improve care for all Albertans.
Your Health. Our Passion.
In 2006, all of Fort McMurray's Family Physicians banded together to form one network - the Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network (WBPCN) - to provide comprehensive healthcare and specialized services to all local residents.
In Fort McMurray, the WBPCN:
- Operates an After Hours Walk-in Clinic
- Conducts Chronic Disease Management programs for those with Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, and Obesity.
- Helps to connect local residents with family physicians.
- Maintains an interdisciplinary team of Nurses, Pharmacists, Counselors, Dietitians, and Exercise Specialists that are accessible to all patients.
- Provides comfortable and convenient preventive health screening services for women.
The WBPCN is committed to providing patient-centered health care services that are tailored to what our unique community actually needs. We believe that we are strongest not as individual practitioners working in isolation, but as a unified team, a professional family responsible for maintaining a medical home for all residents of Fort McMurray.
Whether you have lived here for years, or only just recently arrived, we would like to extend to you a warm invitation to access our services. Everyone has a home in Fort McMurray's Community of Care.