The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide outreach primary care services to Indigenous and rural communities of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. The primary focus of the NP will be to provide care and management of patients living with chronic disease and multiple co-morbidities. Specific duties will vary depending on the needs of the local communities.
Hours of Work (may vary to accommodate local community needs): Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:45pm
- Participate in the care of individual patients, practice populations, and associated communities
- Assist in the development of the PCN’s outreach primary care services deliver model
- To assist in the development and delivery of disease management and health promotion programs and provide appropriate care and treatment according to currently accepted evidence-based practice
- To provide restricted activities and care within the full scope of practice as defined under the Health Professions Act (HPA)
- To make professional, competent, and autonomous decisions with patients as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- To act as a nursing resource to other multidisciplinary team members, healthcare institutions, and community agencies or programs
- Participate in evaluation and research as it pertains to the outreach and chronic disease management/complex care programs and services
- Master of Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner focus
- Previous clinical experience in a primary care setting required
- Experience with delivering adult learning modules and course facilitation preferred
- Experience working with an EMR system preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Alberta Privacy Laws
Condition of Employment
- Security: proof of clean criminal record is required
- Completion of reference check
- Current CARNA registration (submitted yearly)
- Copy of current CPR (submitted yearly)
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to recruitment+NP@wbpcn.ca
This position will remain posted until filled.