The North Zone (NZ) Primary Care Network Committee has representatives from 11 Primary Care Networks (PCN) and Alberta Health Services (AHS) North Zone Senior Leaders. The committee is responsible to support integration, alignment and shared services between PCNs, AHS and community-based organizations. The committee is led by a PCN/AHS dyad with secretariat assistance from the Zone Support Team. The NZ forms the largest geographical health zone in Alberta.
The committee is looking for a project manager dedicated to support the North Zone’s planning, quality improvement and implementation of Transitions of Care deliverables and activities. The North Zone has a Transitions of Care (ToC) Committee responsible for strategy and implementation of many zone-wide initiatives that fall under the umbrella of transitions (person centered processes and care coordination between primary care, community and acute/tertiary care).
The project management role is a contracted position to the NZ Primary Care Committee but reports to the Primary Care Integrated Operations Team (Zone Project Manager/PCN Executive Director/AHS NZ Primary Care Manager) for day-to-day management. The contract will be from March 2022 – March 2023, with a possibility for extension contingent upon performance and funding.
This contract position is part-time to start (0.5 FTE) but could be full time as the project activities and work expands.
- Provide support to the Transitions of Care Working Group Co-Chairs with agenda setting, meeting facilitation, coordination and issue management
- Support the ToC Working Group to develop strategic direction and priority areas of focus for quality improvement and implementation given the numerous competing initiatives
- Lead and support alignment of various initiatives as well as the implementation of NZ transitions of care projects with coordination, communication and collaborative processes
- Develop specific NZ transition of care project plans that align to provincial initiatives
- Monitor and manage risk with escalation to NZ Project Manager and ToC Working Group Co-chairs
- Monitor, track, and communicate activity and progress to all stakeholders
- Coordinate, communicate and support evaluation
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with all stakeholders within the NZ and external to NZ
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management, with proven ability to plan, lead, implement, and manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of the Alberta healthcare system and experience working with physicians and healthcare providers
- Systems thinking and strategic program and partnership development
- Training or equivalent experience in project management and change management
- Demonstrated ability to manage change within a complex environment and to inspire and build confidence in others
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to be flexible in an unstructured environment with numerous competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to foster productive relationships with a myriad of stakeholders working from a foundation in engagement and collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to manage human, financial and physical resources within a fluid and evolving operating environment
- Demonstrated ability to create and lead innovative and client-centered processes
- Self-directed with strong ability for critical thinking and decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to act ethically, responsibly and be accountable for actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret formal contracts, grants and agreements
- Presentation, training, planning, analysis, collaboration, conflict management and interpersonal relationship skills
Other Occupational Requirements
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for travel to various stakeholder locations
- Flexibility in work hours with frequent early morning and evening hours
- General liability insurance
- Virtual workspace and equipment
Interested applicants to submit their resumes to email@example.com.
Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
For further information, contact
NZ Project Manager