The Wood Buffalo Primary Care Network is currently seeking a Temporary Part-time (0.5 FTE) Registered Dietitian for its Central Clinic in Fort McMurray. This is a part-time temporary positon with an end date on or before September, 2022
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide care
- Supporting nutritional status for patients, specifically those with chronic disease (diabetes, obesity, heart disease)
- Developing care plans utilizing a patient-centered care approach while monitoring for effectiveness
- Providing nutrition education, counseling and follow-up as appropriate, either one-on-one or in group sessions
- Accessing, understanding and interpreting nutrition related lab data and medications as part of a comprehensive assessment
- Completing written documentation in the electronic medical record, and to referring physicians
- Collaboration with and referral to community resources as required for optimal care
- Facilitation of group classes and presentations, both within the Central Clinic and offsite.
- Providing input and expertise for the continual evaluation and updating of nutrition programs
- Recording appropriate metrics as identified by the program planner to evaluate the effectiveness of nutritional services
- Current College of Dietitians of Alberta registration
- Certified Diabetes Educator designation an asset
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite and WOLF/TELUS Solutions EMR system preferred
- Experience in primary care practice setting and chronic disease management an asset
- Class facilitation experience an asset
Condition of Employment
- Security; proof of a clean criminal record is required.
- Completion of reference checks
- Copy of current registration (submitted yearly)
- Copy of current CPR (submitted yearly)
- Must have own vehicle and valid drivers license
The Primary Care Network Offers a Competitive Salary and Benefit Package
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
This position will remain posted until filled.